During Government of India’s approval for DRIP, it was decided to earmark funds under the scheme for funding few educational institutions with a view to develop their in-house expertise in the field of dam safety. Accordingly, eight premier Academic & Research Institutions were identified initially; and proposals were invited for identification of their capacity building needs in the area of dam safety. Further, with a view of imparting hands-on experiences to institutions in dam rehabilitation activities, the Implementing Agencies were encouraged to associate identified institutions in specific consultancy assignments; and accordingly, core consultancy areas of institutions were identified and shared with Implementing Agencies.
MNNIT is one of the premier institutions identified for capacity building in dam safety areas. Their proposal for capacity building, with an estimated cost of Rs. 4.61 crore, includes:
Their areas of Consultancy Services proposed to be provided to DRIP Implementing Agencies include:
- Procurement of Instrumentation (Various software and equipment)
- For conducting Workshop, Training Programmes, Preparation of Training Modules.
- Material Testing and New Materials for Dams.
- Structural Health Monitoring and Assessment of Structural Rehabilitation Works.
- Geotechnical, Geophysical and Geological Investigation.
- Flood Routing, Dam Break Analysis and mathematical modeling.